State Auto Financial Corp. (STFC) shares closed today at 0.5% below its 52 week high of $51.90, giving the company a market cap of $2B. The stock is currently down 0.1% year-to-date, up 185.5% over the past 12 months, and up 110.3% over the past five years. This week, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.3%, and the S&P 500 fell 2.6%.
- Trading volume this week was 41.5% lower than the 20-day average.
- Beta, a measure of the stock’s volatility relative to the overall market stands at 0.7.
- The Relative Strength Index (RSI) on the stock was between 30 and 70.
- MACD, a trend-following momentum indicator, indicates a downward trend.
- The stock closed above its Bollinger band, indicating it may be overbought.
Market Comparative Performance
- The company’s share price is the same as the S&P 500 Index , beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
- The company’s share price is the same as the Dow Jones Industrial Average , beats it on a 1-year basis, and beats it on a 5-year basis
- The company share price is the same as the performance of its peers in the Financials industry sector , beats it on a 1-year basis, and beats it on a 5 year basis
Per Group Comparative Performance
- The company’s stock price performance year-to-date lags the peer average by -104.1%
- The company’s stock price performance over the past 12 months beats the peer average by 1955.5%
- The company’s price-to-earnings ratio, which relates a company’s share price to its earnings per share, is 165.0% higher than the average peer.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.