• Lahaina Arts Society, art festival; 9 a.m.-4 p.m. weekends, Lahaina Cannery Mall, outside Starbucks on the lawn. Visit lahainaarts.com.
• Old Lahaina Courthouse, open daily from 10 a.m.-4 p.m., 648 Wharf St., Lahaina. Lahaina Heritage Museum, Lahaina Visitor Center, Lahaina Art Society’s gallery and two floors of historic exhibits. Admission is free.
• Habitat for Humanity Maui ReStore, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Mon-Sat. Email email@example.com; visit habitat-maui.org. For donations, call 242-1140.
• Maui AIDS Foundation, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Mon.-Fri., 1935 Main St. #101, Wailuku. Free testing for HIV, hepatitis C, syphilis, chlamydia, and gonorrhea by appt., 242-4900.
• Lunchtime Tai Chi, noon-12:30 p.m., Mon. & Thurs. plaza in front of State Building, Wailuku. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. or 250-3698.
• Rotary Club of Kahului, meeting via Zoom; noon to 1 p.m. Contact President Della Nakamoto, 264-1213 or email@example.com.
• Maui AIDS Foundation, in partnership with Ma’i Movement Hawai’i to provide and distribute free menstrual products; 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Mon.-Fri., 1935 Main St. #101, Wailuku. Donations accepted. For information, visit MaiMovement.org.
• Co-Dependents Anonymous (CoDA), 12-step recovery program via Zoom; 5:30-6:30 p.m. Email FridayNightCoda@gmail.com.
• How to get a listing: The Datebook is for nonprofit organizations that offer free services. Submit items at least one week before the event. Submissions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
n The Kalana O Maui county building in Wailuku has reopened to the public, although the County Council Chamber and council member offices will remain closed. Public access is through the second-floor lobby during normal business hours from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, except holidays.
n Most county fields and parks reopen. More than 119 inland and beach parks currently are open for exercise and sunbathing, including Kanaha Beach Park. County community centers and gyms remain closed.
n All county pools reopen with the exception of Kokua Pool. Reservations required, limited activities.
n Most county offices still closed until further notice. DMVL open for limited service.
n Hana Highway to Hana and Piilani Highway around the backside of Haleakala through Kaupo open to all traffic.
n Kahekili Highway from Waihee to Kahakuloa open to local traffic only.
• Maui County Immigrant Services Division offices on Maui, Molokai and Lanai suspending walk-in services and inquiries. All services provided by appointment only. In-person contact replaced by telephone appointments and emails for general information, questions or status requests. To schedule an appointment, call 270-7791, Wailuku; (808) 553-5072, Molokai; (808) 565-6679.
• All state parks closed, except for Makena State Park (bathrooms and parking lot closed) and Polipoli Spring State Recreational Area and Palaau State Park on Molokai for day use.
n State Department of Land and Natural Resources division office closures to in-person visits include the divisions of Conservation and Resources Enforcement; Forestry and Wildlife; Land; Parks. The Division of Boating and Recreation offices statewide reopen with social distancing rules.
n State public libraries now have Wiki Visits which allows a limited number of patrons into the library for quick grab-and-go trips to select books and materials and for computer time at the library. For updates on library services, see librarieshawaii.org/library-updates/ and for temporary hours see librarieshawaii.org/visit/branches/all-branch-hours/.
n UH-Maui College will be holding mostly online classes for the fall semester. Temperature checks and masks required for limited in-person classes on campus.
n Haleakala National Park Summit District open daily with limited access to attractions. Reservations for sunrise 3 to 7 a.m. daily accepted. Keonehe’ehe’e (Sliding Sands) Trail and Halemau’u Trail into the crater open for day hikes. Kipahului District is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. This includes Pipiwai Trail and Kuloa Point Trail.
n Most public schools reopen with online classes.
Nonprofits and other organizations
• The Nisei Veterans Memorial Center’s Education Center is open by appointment only. Go to www.nvmc.org.
• Lahaina Restoration Foundation Baldwin Home Museum, Wo Hing Museum and Cookhouse, Hale Pa’i Printing Museum closed. Activities and classes also canceled.
n Maui Nui Botanical Gardens in Wailuku has reopened 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday to Saturday.
n Kihei Youth Center offering free afternoon program 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. weekdays, except holidays for youths 8 to 13 years old. Program is full and a waiting list is being taken. Call 879-8698, email email@example.com or go to the website kiheiyouthcenter.info.
n Hana Youth Center has reopened for youths 6 to 18. Operating hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.weekdays.
n Boys & Girls Clubs of Maui holding virtual clubhouse time 2 to 6 p.m. weekdays. For more information, go to www.bgcmaui.org/reserve.
n Pa’ia Youth & Cultural Center and StoneWave Skate Park open for new and returning members but with increasing COVID-19 cases, all are required to attend a mandatory orientation on new safety procedures. Membership and health waiver forms can be found at pyccmaui.org.
• Hawaiian Electric office payment centers temporarily closed. Customers are encouraged to mail payment; use or sign up for online bill payment; use Speedpay, an authorized payment service provider that allows customers to pay by phone or online (convenience fee applies); use Western Union payment locations if payment must be made in person.
• Kaho’olawe Island Reserve Commission Wailuku offices closed. Trolling permits only accepted by mail, 811 Kolu St., Suite 201, Wailuku 96793. Boat stickers and permits will be mailed to applicants.
• Kaiser Permanente Kihei clinic closed. The Maui Lani, Lahaina and Wailuku offices open; Maui Lani clinic open for after-hours care.
n Maui AIDS Foundation office hours now are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday; appointments required for office visits. Client services in-person visits by appointment only 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday. Testing services in-person visits by appointment only 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursdays and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays.
n Maui Humane Society is open by appointment only from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Saturday, closed Sunday. Appointments are needed to enter the shelter and view animals for adoption and for spay/neuter surgery, adoptions, animal surrender, found/stray animal pick up/drop off and cremation pick up. Adoptions can continue to be processed virtually or in person and all adoptable animals are listed on the website. Schedule appointments online at www.mauihumanesociety.org or call 877-3680, ext. 3. Animal enforcement is available 24 hours a day at 877-3680, ext. 222.
n Maui Ocean Center open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Tickets must be purchased online, visit mauioceancenter.com. 192 Maalaea Road, Wailuku. (808) 270-7000.
n Maui Family YMCA reopens with limited services by appointment.
n Makawao History Museum has closed.
n Habitat for Humanity Maui ReStore reopened with modified hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday to Saturday. Limited services will be offered by appointment only. This includes service to Habitat’s partner families and home builds. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.habitat-maui.org. ReStore donations will be accepted by appointment only and can be scheduled by calling 242-1140.
• Akaku Maui Community Media offices and production facilities closed to public, with staff available by appointment only. This includes Akaku’s administrative offices, production studio, KAKU radio facility, and upstairs media lab. Appointment requests can be made by calling 871-5554, or emailing email@example.com.
• Maui Economic Opportunity offices are closed to in-person traffic; appointments may be made for in-person visits. Staff is available 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays by phone at 249-2990 and email at meoinc.org. Kahi Kamali’i open 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to noon Friday. Head Start has reopened in-person sites with reduced enrollments and has virtual sites as well.
n Binhi at Ani Filipino Community Center in Kahului is now open for outside gatherings. There are specific COVID-19 rules. Please contact the office — open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 3 to 5 p.m., and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. — at (808) 877-7880 for more information.
n Heritage Hall meeting facilities (hall and conference rooms) has closed again due to new facility capacity rules. The certified kitchen will remain available for vendors who produce “grab and go” items. For more information, call 243-0065.
n Alexander & Baldwin Sugar Museum open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday to Friday, last admission at 1 p.m. 3957 Hansen Road, Puunene. Contact Holly Bouland at 808-871-8058, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.sugarmuseum.com.
n Department of Hawaiian Home Lands offices on Maui and Molokai reopen for in-person visits with appointments. Bills may be paid without reservation. Camping permits and facility reservations will not be issued through Oct. 31. The facilities include Ka Hale Pomaika’i (Paukukalo Community Center) on Maui and Mo’omomi Beach Park, Kapuaiwa Grove and Kalaniana’ole Hall on Molokai.
n The Maui Friends of the Library reopens three used bookstores and accepting donations. Puunene, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday to Saturday; Queen Ka’ahumanu Center, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday; Outlets of Lahaina, noon to 6 p.m. daily.
n Hui No’eau Visual Arts Center gallery, gift shop and main house are open Monday to Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Classes continue as scheduled.
• Friday town parties. All county-sponsored Friday town parties, including Wailuku First Fridays, Lahaina Second Fridays, Makawao Third Fridays, Kihei Fourth Fridays and Lanai Fifth Fridays, have been canceled.
n Maui Swap Meet, Saturdays at University of Hawaii Maui College, 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
n Deer hunting in the Lanai Game Management Area canceled for 2021. A combined season for mouflon sheep and axis deer planned; details regarding this modified season will be announced.
n Maui Sunday Market reopens 4 to 8 p.m. Sundays at the Kahului Shopping Center.
n State public library system’s Ukulele Lending Program is available at Hana Public and School Library, Kihei Public Library, Lahaina Public Library, Makawao Public Library and Wailuku Public Library. Contact the library for information about borrowing ukuleles.
• Costco, 9 to 10 a.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays only. The pharmacy and the food court will be open.
• Foodland, 6 to 7 a.m., Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays.
• Island Grocery Depot, 6:30 to 7:30 a.m., Mondays, Wednesdays.
• Mana Foods, 8 to 9 a.m., Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays.
• Pukalani Superette, 9 to 10 a.m., Wednesdays.
• Safeway, 7 to 9 a.m., Tuesdays, Thursdays.
• Target, 7 to 8 a.m., Tuesdays, Wednesdays.
• Times Supermarket, 5 to 7 a.m. daily.
• Walmart, 6 to 7 a.m., Tuesdays.
• Whole Foods Market, 7 to 8 a.m. daily.
n Notes changes in status.